Sat, 23 Jul|
Mussenden Unwind - Afternoon Tea and A Little Time for Me
Mussenden Temple opened its doors for the first time in November2022, offering exclusive dining experiences. Mussenden Sea Salt, in partnership with National Trust, are pleased to announce that we are offering another opportunity to experience this iconic landmark.
Time & Location
23 Jul 2022, 16:30 – 21:30 BST
Mussenden Temple , Seacoast Rd, Coleraine BT51 4RH, UK
About the event
Mussenden Temple opened its doors for the first time in November2022, offering exclusive dining experiences. Mussenden Sea Salt, in partnership with National Trust, are pleased to announce that we are offering another opportunity to experience this iconic landmark with, Afternoon Tea & A Little Time for Me. This wellness and dining experience is the perfect opportunity, to embrace the beautiful setting of Mussenden Temple and Downhill Demense, in a truly unique way.
We invite you to Join us as we slip from teacups, taste flavoursome local food, in our summer grazing feast, the perfect way to spend an afternoon. Followed by an afternoon of wellness.
The experience begins at the Mussenden Temple and Downhill Demense, followed by ending your experience on Downhill Beach, under the shadow of this iconic landmark.
On arrival at the Lions Gate Entrance, you will be warmly welcomed and guided towards your short walk through the Downhill Demense to the steps of Mussenden Temple. As the temple doors open to the sound of the sea below, you are warmly welcomed by Claire from Mussenden Sea Salt and this iconic and incredible building, unspoilt by modern features, offering you an atmospheric and authentic Afternoon Tea and Wellness experience. There is no where quiet like Mussenden Temple and its surrounding landscape, to relax, restore and let the stresses of everyday slip away.
The Afternoon begins with an introduction from Claire and a National Trust team member, who will bring the story of Mussenden Temple alive.
As we relax and take in the stunning location, you are encouraged to relax, and enjoy your afternoon tea. The Grazing table is available throughout your time in Mussenden Temple.
After afternoon tea, Claire will take you on a journey of wellness by bringing the ancient stories of wellness from the local area, a hidden history of how the land and sea offers an opportunity to rest and restore.
The afternoon ends, with an outdoor wellness experience, soaking the sights and sounds of the stunning Downhill Beach,
There's a sense that the ancient stories live on amongst the fabric of this landscape - there's magic in the mountains, spirit in the sea, and Claire from Mussenden Sea Salt, marries the ancient with the modern, the luxury with the sustainable and creates a truly memorable wellness experience.
Highlights of the Experience include:
· Exclusive access to Mussenden Temple
· Afternoon Tea
· Grazing Summer Feast, featuring local food produce
· Claire will introduce you to Signature Wellness, tips and techniques for easing stress
· Wild Swimming – This element is recommended, not compulsory, dipping a toe, or walking along the shore, is perfect also.
· Special Guest – Anette Kelly from A Little Time for Me, who will introduce you to Wellness from Within.
· Please note, this is not our ‘A Taste of Mussenden’ Experience and is not a sit down taster menu, this is an Afternoon Tea, with a Focus on Wellness.
· Please avoid high spikey heels, flats are perfect to walk to the temple, please wear relatively
· warm & Comfortable clothing, As this is an 17th century building untouched by modern features.
· Our menu is prearranged and cannot be altered, the dishes may contain allergies, please
· contact us before booking. We cannot guarantee a Nut or allergy free environment.
· - Toilets are available and whilst they are at the entrance to bishop’s gate, this is only a short walk across this stunning cliff walk.
· Due to potential staining of the stunning flooring, our menu has been fixed and there will be no foods or drinks that has a potential to stain the floor.
· We would also ask you not to bring any red or rose-coloured soft drinks please, this has the potential to stain the stunning flooring of Mussenden Temple.
· We would also ask you to please not smoke on the site of Mussenden Temple,
· Please note that whilst the experience offers exclusive access to Mussenden Temple, the site may have other visitors and we would encourage you if travelling with more than one person, to travel together, if possible. The Carpark at Mussenden Temple can get quite busy in the summer months.